Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Going crazy about owls at Penang Hill


During my trip up Penang Hill, I came upon this quaint little museum with a peculiar name 'The Owl Museum'.

While my friend and I were enjoying the 'ABC' (shaved ice coloured with different flavoured syrups, nuts and jellies), we were accosted by promoters eager to pass us pamphlets.

Upon entering the museum, I was greeted by a sprightly-looking owl with outstretched wings (which is the picture you see above).

We were branded by a sticker when we entered the museum.


You can find all kinds of owl-themed arts and crafts here. I could certainly feel the ardour of the owner of this museum who has spent some effort assembling the collection.





When we visited last Thursday, admission was free as it was the 6th day of opening. As we understand it, the admission fees are RM10 for adult, RM5 for senior citizen, and admission is free for children below 12 years of age.

The museum is open daily from 0900 to 1800 hours. Do check it out when you are up Penang Hill.

They even have a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/owlmuseum

No comments:

Post a Comment